Why live or invest in Portugal?
- 3º. País mais seguro do mundo – Global Peace Index 2019;
- One of the best motorway networks in the world;
- 2017, 2018 and 2019 considered the best tourist destination in the world (WTA);
- Lisbon the best “City Break” in the World in 2018 and 2019 (WTA);
- Madeira Island the best island destination in the World in 2019 (WTA);
- Algarve voted the best golf destination in the world for 2020 (IAGTO Awards);
- Porto elected as the best European tourist destination and 2nd. World Culture Trip;
- Average temperature at 12 o'clock, in summer: 25º C and in winter: 16º C;
- Health system in 13th. European level in 2018 (EHCI);
- Considered the 3rd. Best country in the world in quality of life 2019 (InterNations);
- Mediterranean Diet, classified as World Heritage by Unesco;
- The best fish in the world, according to Ferran Adriá, Chef “El Bulli”;
- It has 5 of the 15 most beautiful beaches in the world (Architectural Digest, 2019);
- It has 3 Portuguese wines among the 12 best in the world in 2019 (Forbes);
- Hospitality of the Portuguese people considered the best in the World 2018 (Internations).
Non-habitual Resident Tax Regime
a) It is an exceptional regime that can lead to exemption or reduction in the payment of taxes;
b) To be considered RNH, you must stay in Portugal for more than 183 days/year;
c) To be considered RNH, you must have, by 12/31, a house that can be used as a habitual residence (rent or purchase);
d) To be considered RNH, you cannot have been taxed in Portugal in the last 5 years.